Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Google in the Classroom-Creating Lesson Plans

Today is day two of my Using Google in the Classroom Series



With two years of Marzano training behind us, it was important to my co-teacher and I to continue to have the Marzano strategies at the forefront when creating lesson plans.  My co-teacher created an excellent guided reading lesson plan template that listed the Marzano strategies as checkboxes in addition to a location for the instructional plan.  After using this for a few weeks, I thought it might be much easier to use this as a Google Form.  Yesterday, I showed you how to create a new form.  You can also click here to view the video tutorial.  


When planning each week, I type my guided reading lessons for each group into the form.  Click here to see form I created.  As with all Google Forms, my responses are recorded into a spreadsheet that is saved in my Google Docs.  Click here to view the spreadsheet.  I have blacked out my students' names for privacy purposes.  Each week, I am able to print the spreadsheet and stick it in my lesson planning binder and CAFE notebook.  It is so easy and convenient!  


If you have any questions about using Google in the classroom, or have something specific you would like me to address, please leave me a comment or e-mail me!  

1 comment:

  1. My teaching partner and I used Google Docs to create lesson plans last year. It was a great tool. We could collaborate on our plans anywhere, anytime. We also submitting them to our principal by making them into a PDF and emailing it to him.

    ReplyDelete