Monday, July 1, 2013

Monday Funday: Big Brother & A Little Housewives

I said yesterday I was going to write about what I know.  Well, it's summer, and I know my favorite part of summer (besides being off of work!) is Big Brother!  Now, I wouldn't call myself a Big Brother Superfan, but I will admit that I am a little obsessed and I even read the live feed updates.  See, a superfan would subscribe to the feeds.  I don't do that.  I read the Jokers Updates that the people who do subscribe to the feeds write minute-to-minute what is going on the house.  If you're a BB fan, check it out for yourself.  Warning:  because they are live feeds, there are things you will find out that has not aired on TV yet.  Like who is the MVP, who they nominated, and who the house is planning on sending home.  Yep, I know all of that already.  Don't be jealous. :)  I promise you, though, when I write about BB, I will not talk about anything that hasn't been aired on TV that all you regular folks have been watching.

Ok, here goes....First of all, who was shocked that Rachel's sister is on the show?!  And she really thought she would be able to keep her identity under wraps?  Not smart, girl.  I like the alliance that is forming with McCrae, Howard, Nick, Jeremy, and Spencer.  I usually root for the girls, but I have to say, so far I am not impressed.  As my husband so eloquently put it last night, "are all these girls in heat?!"  I'm not a big fan of the "I'm here for a showmance attitude."  Aaryn and David kind of make me want to throw up.  They've known each other for what, 10 days?!  Ugh.  Respect the game people! Plus, Aaryn has said some things on the live feeds that have not been aired that really, really make me dislike her.

Real Housewives of New Jersey and Big Brother were on at the same time last night.  Oh, the nerve of those TV execs.  Good thing my TiVo has four tuners.  I don't really have a lot to say about the Jersey girls.  I'm kinda over the Gorga-Giudice family drama.  I hope they work things out.  What I do want to talk about is Jacqueline's struggle with her autistic son.  It completely breaks my heart.  My son is almost the same age as her son, so I can really feel for her.  Anytime that storyline graces my television, I am in tears.  I think Jacqueline has gotten some slack for "exploiting" her son, but I feel like what she is showing is very real and she is doing her best to give her son the best therapies and the best opportunities.

*********************************************************************************
If you didn't mind my little side-post about my favorite TV shows and  you read the whole thing through...you get a little treat!  You can download a freebie from my Teacher's Notebook shop!  This freebie is a poster that I use to offer options for my students to do during Word Work time.  It's also a little hintedy-hint about my blog post tomorrow!  Click the link above to be directed to this freebie.  But hurry!  It will only be available for the next 48 hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment