Monday, April 25, 2011

Volunteer Appreciation

I was somehow put in charge of the Volunteer Breakfast at my school last year.  I had never done anything like this before, and was only given a couple of weeks to prepare invites, decorations, and gifts.  The teachers volunteered to bring in breakfast items, but everything else was purchased out of my pocket.  I wanted to make it as nice, and as inexpensive, as possible!  


I created the invitations on my computer.  Had I given it more thought, and had more time, I would have asked for student volunteers to create cards.  





For the gifts, I bought plain Hershey bars and created a new "wrapper" for them.  I've seen this done for different occasions; birth announcements, wedding favors, etc.  I had the hardest time finding the dimensions to make them the appropriate size, however.  It took A LOT of trial and error (and paper!) until I finally got it right.  You can download the template here.  The poem was anonymous, and I found it on the web.  I had some students help me wrap the candy bars during recess time and we even placed a few stickers on them to dress them up a bit.  

The finished product turned out really cute, and our breakfast was a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment