Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Mints-Good for the Brain or the Breath?

This morning a student asked a fellow teacher, "Why do all the teachers think we have bad breath?"  The teacher asked, "What do you mean?"  and the student said, "They've all been passing out mints a lot!"  

As most of you probably know, mints are supposedly useful for recalling information and improving brain function.  I'm not even sure that research is accurate, but at my school, we need every little bit of help we can get.  So this week during the OAA, we've been giving the students mints while they take their test.  

I guess some of the teachers didn't explain the mint theory...

1 comment:

  1. That's funny! I've done this as well, though my main reason was to give them something that would wake them up when they start to feel sleepy :D

    http://frogsandcupcakes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete