Saturday, May 28, 2011

Summer To-Do List

Littlest Learners is having a linky party, and I'm going to join in!  Summer is right around the corner for me.  Four days to be exact.  The grill is ready, pool pass has been purchased, and vacation plans are set.  


"It's the most wonderful time of the year..."


My summer to-do list isn't lofty.  My little boy will be 2 in July and I plan to spend as much time with him as possible.  During nap times and after bedtime, I will be doing the following this summer:  


1.)  Prepare what will go in my Literacy Binders that I will receive from Donors Choose.  Since my project was funded within 35 days of the end of the school year, they will not ship my binders until after the new year has begun.  A total bummer for a teacher who likes to do things over the summer. 


2.)  Read Teach Like a Champion and The Book Whisperer


3.)  Review The Daily 5 and The CAFE Book.  I've read both at least five times, but I always feel better prepared for launching at the beginning of the year after reviewing them again.  


4.)  Edit the video letters my current class will be recording for the incoming fourth graders.  


5.)  Learn more about The Six Traits of Writing.  My school has adopted this as our writing curriculum and bought each grade level a kit.  I plan to bring it home this summer and start to plan lessons.  


6.)  Work on revamping my classroom library.  I currently have them organized by AR levels, but I would like to start dividing them by genre as well.  I want to make some cute labels for the bins as well.  


7.)  Attend our third annual school retreat.  This year it's in Michigan and always a fun time!  I love our staff!  

2 comments:

  1. phew, you have quite the list too! I think it's so fun to plan on your down time though, with no real deadlines or stress! I can't wait to see those literacy binders :) :)
    Kristen
    Ladybug's Teacher Files

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Teach Like a Champion and I thought it had some GREAT ideas! I didn't love everything but I definitely took things away from it. And I just got The Book Whisperer from the library yesterday - I can't wait to get started!!

    Magnificent Multiagers!

    ReplyDelete