Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day Poems

Ok..so I know I'm late getting this out, but I wanted to make sure I posted these since I actually took the pictures!  


This week, the students made poems for their Moms/Grandmas/Aunts/Important people in their life.  Since I have students from varying backgrounds, I wanted to make sure to include everyone.  I even had a young lady make a poem for her Girl Scout troop leader.  It was so sweet it brought a tear to my eye.  Anyways, students could choose between an acrostic, cinquain, or diamante poem.  They completed the rough draft on an organizer, then rewrote it on a blank sheet of paper and glued it onto a piece of construction paper.  Some chose to decorate them with yarn and glitter glue.  I just don't have the resources to make all the fabulous projects I've been seeing around the blogs, but I thought they turned out pretty cute.  


Here are a few I would like to share:  


I like that this student was able to find one word for every letter in his mother's name.  (Aside from the A)

This student had some trouble getting started.  He is in my room for inclusion and his teacher wasn't in the room all week due to testing.  When I sat down to talk to him about which poem he would like to do, he told me, "Whichever one is the best."  He wanted to really take his time and make the best one for his mom.  How sweet!

I like how these students really personalized their poems.  And I like how fourth graders still call their moms "Mommy"!  It shows how young they still are!  


Although this student didn't do a lot of the fancy stuff...boys...I love the "Giving me the gift of life."  








No comments:

Post a Comment