Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Book Whisperer-40 Books Poster

Ok, I know I'm super late on my response to Chapter 6 of The Book Whisperer, but I have an excuse.  And a freebie!  Hubby and I took the toddler to King's Island yesterday.  Actually, we went down Sunday and spent the night (one of the wonderful benefits offered to us by hubby working for a hotel corporation!)  King's Island has a Dinosaurs Alive exhibit, and the toddler is in love with dinos right now.  We read dino books and this brand new 2 year old knows T-Rex, Apatosaurus, and Triceratops.  It's pretty amazing what he picks up.  


My Chapter 6 response will be on its way very soon, but in the meantime, I created this poster to remind students of the genre requirement for their 40 books.  



I will also give each student a copy to keep in their literacy binders.  

To thank my 300+ followers, I will make a custom 40 books (or 30-or whatever you want!) poster for you!  My first three commenters will get a custom poster.  Make sure you leave me your e-mail address so that I can get in contact with you about your specific requirements to put on the poster.  

Thank you! 

13 comments:

  1. I would love one of these!
    mrsforeman4@gmail.com

    Cindy
    http://foremansfourthgrade.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love a copy of your 40 book genre poster! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love one for 40 books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. my email is jlsphon@yahoo.com Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY! I know I am late, but just wanted you to know I'm a new follower :)

    Megan @ www.theburtonsspot.blogspot.com
    megek4@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I am late, but are you willing to share the copy you will give your students?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love poster and your website. I know I'm to late too. Bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have my students do this 40 book challenge, but I was wondering how you "police" your students? I know some of mine write down that they've read a book, but I don't have time to quiz them every day (and I haven't read all the books in my library). I was wondering how you keep track of what they are reading. My students have reading logs,etc. but I know some are not being honest about it.

    Thanks
    karen.king@hazelparkschools.org

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you sell this poster on TPT or just the first 4 get it?
    Thanks
    armoogam4@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is this poster available still?
    Teacherhollyn@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is this poster available still?
    Teacherhollyn@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete